- University of Cincinnati College of Law, J.D., 2008, cum laude
- University of Dayton, B.A., 2005, magna cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
Colleen is a partner in the Vorys Cincinnati office and the co-leader of the firm’s internet defamation group. The group has worked on hundreds of internet related cases from across the country and develops unique solutions for companies and professionals that are being damaged or attacked online.
Colleen focuses her practice on internet defamation, fraudulent reviews, false advertising, online seller enforcement, traffic diversion, product diversion, trademark infringement, copyright infringement and cyber harassment. She also has experience in defending corporations in False Claims Act cases, RICO cases, and class actions.
Her notable experience includes:
- Obtaining court orders resulting in the removal of false statements and false reviews on various consumer websites and from Google’s search indices related to businesses and high profile business employees
- Removing multiple websites from the internet containing false and damaging information about clients
- Obtaining court orders mandating forensic examinations of individuals’ computers, resulting in the obtaining of case-changing evidence
- Removing fraudulent and impersonating social media pages damaging business clients from the Internet
- Obtaining court orders authorizing cable service providers to provide personally-identifying information regarding its subscribers
- Winning orders denying objections to subpoenas to identify anonymous people posting false information on the internet
Colleen is a contributor to the Internet Defamation Removal Attorneys blog, which provides readers with helpful information regarding internet issues and strategies for removing damaging content. She has co-authored several articles regarding strategies for the removal of defamatory content on the internet and has presented similar topics. Colleen frequently presents webinars focusing on how to protect your company’s brand identity online.
Colleen received her J.D. cum laude from the University of Cincinnati College of Law, and her B.A. magna cum laude from the University of Dayton.
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, Litigation, 2014-2016, 2018