- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, J.D., 2010, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- Miami University, B.A., 2005, cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Admitted to practice law only in the states listed above.
- The Honorable David W. McKeague, United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, 2010-2011
Nathan is an associate in the Vorys Cincinnati office and a member of the litigation group. His practice is focused on complex civil litigation, including appellate, commercial, class action and fiduciary litigation.
Nathan also has experience with data security issues, including counseling clients that have suffered a data breach and working with clients to plan and prepare for a potential data breach.
Notable experience includes:
- Obtaining a favorable result before the United States Supreme Court in the defense of a class action on behalf of a large financial institution
- Successfully defending a large financial institution in dozens of cases in state, federal and bankruptcy courts, arising out of the collapse of a large commodities dealer
- Obtaining a favorable decision before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, which reversed the district court’s decision to abstain under Younger and further held that a California statute violated the dormant Commerce Clause to the U.S. Constitution
- Successfully arguing appeals in both federal and state courts
- Obtaining a favorable settlement for a large financial services company against the Government in a dispute under the Administrative Procedures Act
- Serving as an adjunct professor at the University of Cincinnati College of Law where Nathan teaches in the Sixth Circuit Appellate Clinic
- Taking cases by appointment from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
Nathan received his J.D. magna cum laude from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, where he was a member of the Order of the Coif, the Ohio State Law Journal and moot court. He received his B.A. cum laude from Miami University.
Prior to joining Vorys, Nathan clerked for the Honorable David W. McKeague of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. Nathan has also served as a presidential appointee in the National Aeronautics and Space Administration’s Office of General Counsel and a fellow for Teach for America.
Honors & Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars, General Litigation, 2014, 2017-2019